Richmond SPCA

Visit Richmond SPCA Website

Address/ Contact Info

2519 Hermitage Road
Richmond, Virginia 23220

(804)643-6785

Member Patriot Special:

Reduced adoption fee of $50, “welcome home kit” with pet supplies and access to Clinic for Compassionate Care full-service veterinary clinic

Richmond SPCA
2519 Hermitage Road Richmond, Virginia

About Richmond SPCA

The Richmond SPCA, founded in 1891, is a non-profit, no-kill humane organization dedicated to the principle that every life is precious. The Richmond SPCA is a national leader in humane care and education, having developed numerous lifesaving programs and services including those dedicated to adoption, rehabilitation, sterilization and education. They save the lives of more than 3,500 homeless animals each year and care for about 350 cats and dogs daily.

The Richmond SPCA is not affiliated with any other private animal welfare organization or SPCA, but regularly transfers pets from local municipal agencies into their care so that they may receive lifesaving treatment and be adopted to loving new homes. Of the more than 3,500 homeless animals in their care each year, they transfer more than 70 percent of them through these relationships. The remaining 30 percent are surrendered to them by their owners.

The Richmond SPCA operates a full-service veterinary clinic, provides free and low-cost spay/neuter and behavior helpline services and offers pet behavior classes, children’s educational programs, a pet pantry and numerous volunteer programs. The full-service veterinary Clinic for Compassionate Care is available for qualifying low-income individuals and families, as well as to Pets for Patriots members without proof of income qualification.

Adoption fees include:

Spay/neuter
Age-appropriate vaccinations
Packet of discount coupons
Physical exam
Free behavior helpline support 
Microchip for permanent identification and 24PetWatch ID tag
Month of free pet insurance 
De-worming 
Feline leukemia & FIV test (cats)

Hours of Operation
Monday: 11am-4pm
Tuesday: 11am-7pm
Wednesday: 11am-7pm
Thursday: 11am-7pm
Friday: 11am-7pm
Saturday: 11am-6pm
Sunday: 12pm-5pm
Veterinarian Hours
Monday: 8am-5pm
Tuesday: 8am-7pm
Wednesday: 8am-7pm
Thursday: 8am-5pm
Friday: 8am-5pm
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed